- Walking/Running at least 3 times a week, in order to increase endurance and speed, for fleeing as necessary.
- Weights/Climbing. Not sure which… This may necessitate getting a membership at Planet Granite. If I can afford it. Do they ever have coupons? Or guest passes?
- Emergency Medical Training with Mountain View CERT. Dependent on when they run their next class.
- Practice marksmanship. I’ve already gone shooting a few times, and J is more than happy to take me.
- Practice Situational Awareness. Tadao gave me a major head start on that one when we went walking last week, pointing out places zombies could be hidden, items that could be used as weapons, and which buildings would be safe and which would fall to the zombie hordes immediately. The man is actually kinda terrifying when you think about it. Except he’s so nice! Maybe it comes from playing cops on TV…
I also have a preliminary list of training manuals and research materials.
- World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War – Love this book. Read it for work two years ago. Still tickled that my undergrad stars so prominently in it.
- The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead – I clearly need to get a copy of this.
- The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks – And possibly this…
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance – Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem! – I have a copy of this I need to read.
- SAS Survival Handbook, Revised Edition: For Any Climate, in Any Situation – Definitely, definitely this.
Anyone interested in taking the EMT class with me? Or doing any of the other things on the list? I know Cormac’s down for chasing each other through the park while pretending to be zombies. Maybe we could start a Zombie Apocalypse Reading Group (ZARG) or Zombie Apocalypse Watching Group for movies (ZAWG)*.
*This means everyone who came to watch Dead Snow with J and me a month or so ago is an honorary member of ZAWG already.